Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm Thankful For Butters


i'm writing this entry sitting on the living room floor, leaning to my right side in order to type on my laptop because my 55 pound little big guy is sleeping on my lap. I know there are so many things I could write about that I'm thankful for, like my amazing husband, my family and my friends, but I would like to focus on Butters today. Nathan has now been gone for over a month and I'm doing pretty well. Sure, I miss him like crazy, but I'm overall pretty content. While a lot of that has to do with keeping busy with quite a bit of retail therapy, the prize for keeping me happy while Nathan is gone definitely goes to Butters. He is such an amazingly sweet little dog and always seems to know what I need. No matter how crappy I feel he can always bring a smile to my face. Whether it's the way he jumps straight up into the air when I get home and then runs as fast as he can into the house to wait for me to play, or the way he sits in the couch nook on the floor and rests his arms and head on the couch, he makes me happy. I honestly don't know what I'd do without him. He's always up for as many hugs as I want to give him and is always more than willing to give me kisses, whether I want them or not. I'm just so happy for the addition he is to our family, for the wonderful times we've already had and for the many we'll have in the future. He's the best little guy in the world and I love him!

No comments: