Monday, December 14, 2009

14 yards of bias tape and 3 yards of rick rack later...

This weekend I was in a sewing frenzy. I promised Nathan I would get my first quilt I made last year hand quilted before he came home and seeing as how I don't know when that's going to be and will only have very short notice before hand, I figured I better get crackin'. On Saturday night I stayed up until 12:57 am hand quilting and I finally finished it! The quilt top has been on my blog before but now it's all quilted and ready for snuggling. Yesterday I got home from church at around 2 and then spent the entire day, once again until midnight, sewing. This little apron is my nieces Christmas present, and since I'm pretty sure no one in that family reads my blog, I thought I'd post pictures of it. It turned out pretty cute, if you ignore some of the little oopsies, but took a lot of patience. Hopefully Gracie will enjoy it and be sure to cover it with lots of brownie batter and cookie dough. I am, however, proud to say that I am officially finished with all my Christmas shopping/sewing and finished it all last night. HOORAY!
PS. Of course I had to add pics of the pretty flowers Nathan sent me and and action shot of Butters.





2 comments:

SAM said...

The apron is adorable. Congratulations on finishing your quilt. I want to add that you did an outstandingly amazing job of handquilting!

SAM said...

I forgot to ask, where did you find those incredible glittered birds? Your tree looks fantastic