Tuesday, June 28, 2011

6 Months

If you check my previous blog post, you'll see it's been over 6 months since I've blogged. It's not that I haven't had anything to write about, in fact it's quite the contrary. The past 6 months have been the most wonderful, emotional, exciting, exhausting, poopy and fulfilling months of my life. 6 months ago, on 16 December 2010, I became a mom. There's no way I can describe that bond between mother and child that has been forged billions of times on this earth, yet is so uniquely personal and all consuming, so I won't try. Let it suffice to say that feeling that slimy little body on my body, hearing that hearty cry and seeing that beautiful little girl that I had grown to love over the past nine and a half months, with the love of my life by my side, was the most incredible thing I've ever experienced. She was perfect, tiny and all mine. Oops, I mean ours!
Now, it isn't my intention to document the past 6 months in their entirety or even chronologically, but rather to just take a few minutes and reflect. It is often amazing to me that having a baby has made me as happy as it has and that my days bring me as much joy as they do. More often than not my days are filled with sleep deprivation and small things. I revel over the tiniest events. No matter what truly exciting thing is going on around me, I'm more enthralled by Scarlett's smile. My days would be classified by most as pretty lame. Today, for example, we woke up, played on the floor for about an hour while Scarlett perfected her new skill of rolling from back to tummy, sewed, or at least I sewed and turned around every 10 seconds or so to look at Scar and make a funny noise so she would stay happy, played some more, ran a bunch of errands, walked to the swings and that's about it. Of course mixed in there are a few naps for Scarlett and lots and lots of nursing as she still thinks she's a newborn when it comes to how often she likes to eat. Anyway, my day was nothing special and our actions were very small, but it was the BEST! I love my days with her! I am so thankful every day that I have this sweet little thing that relies on me completely and loves me back as much as she does.
She has been such an incredible addition to our family! Nathan and I have had a great four years of marriage and I love him more than anything! Having Scarlett has made that already great bond so much stronger and exciting! He's been on his stupid submarine for the past couple months, but soon he'll be home and our family can once again be whole. These past 6 months have been the best ever and I'm sure the next 6 will be just as great!
Now onto the pictures! I just decided this past month that I would take a monthly picture in Scarlett's chair with a sign, but luckily, there are enough pictures in that same chair that there's a good comparison for growth.

Scarlett's Birthday!



One Month Old
2 Months Old
3 Months Old
4 Months Old
5 Months Old
6 Months Old

No comments: