Saturday, April 4, 2009

April showers bring...Aprons!

For the past month and a half I've been sewing a lot. A LOT! That being said, I've had little desire to complete the one project people were relying on me to do, the aprons for our easter house activity for Young Womens. I even finished my friend Danielle's Baby quilt completely, machine quilting and all (which I'm dying to post a picture of but should probably wait to give it to her first!), and she's not due for a few months. Last week I finally made a big step and made three out the eight left I needed and then last night, in true Amanda Procrastinating form I finished the last five, just in time for the activity this coming Tuesday. Like most things, once I actually worked on them I had a really fun time, especially since I had classic movies from my childhood like the Goonies on in the background. All in all, I'm happy with the result and am glad I could do a little something for my Young Women!

3 comments:

SAM said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! I'm proud of you Mame

Dani W said...

I love the aprons! I think you did an awesome job on them. BTW I am very excited you are staying... more danielle and amanda time!

Dani W said...

Oh and I cannot wait to see the super awesome quilt you made for me... YAY! I just know it is going to be beautiful!